Save the date, hints, exhibits and deep dive tours.
On behalf of everyone at Rancho Obi-Wan, THANK YOU for coming to see us at Star Wars Celebration Chicago. It was great to see so many friends and make new ones. Your support there was integral to our continued operation. If you didn’t get to Chicago, we hope to see you at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, August 27-30, 2020 where our exhibit will take you back 40 years to Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.
Save the dates
June 12-13, 2020 for Return of the Gala! Friday, the 12th, will be reserved for wine tasting featuring wines from Skywalker Vineyards. Saturday the 13th, enjoy the long summer day with a barbeque, games, auctions and fun!
This year’s 2019 Fundraiser takes a different turn with an online auction of original art and other items. More information coming this fall. Hint: DS-1.
Star Wars Day at the Park
Come see us at the San Francisco Giants Star Wars Day at the Park, Sunday, September 15, 2019. We will have a small exhibit of helmets at the VIP Experience in Triples Alley that starts at 10:35am. Those attending the VIP event get 3 Giants Star Wars collector’s items! Special tickets are required.
Introducing Deep Dive Tours
This fall we will host a series of themed in-depth experiences here at Rancho Obi-Wan. See things rarely shown in an intimate, relaxed atmosphere. Tickets go on sale August 7,2019.
|Saturday, August 31st, 4pm – Comic Books with Brian Christensen|
Brian is owner of Brian’s Comics in Petaluma and was a nominee for the 2019 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award. We will pull a load of significant comics from the secret stash for discussion.
Saturday, September 28th, 4pm – Posters with Pete Vilmur
Pete is co-author of The Star Wars Poster Book and has spent years meticulously researching the history of vintage posters. We will take a look at some of the more interesting, rare, beautiful, silly and bizarre posters from the depths of the flat files.
Saturday, October 12th, 4pm – LEGO® with Marc Morita and Caleb Raff
Marc is one of our resident docents, and an expert on all things LEGO. Caleb owns the Brick Hutt in Rohnert Park. We will talk about the history and impact of LEGO on Star Wars collecting, view some MOCs (my own creations), and the rarer items from the vault.
Saturday, November 2nd, 4pm – Vintage Kenner with Dwayne Smith and Mark Huber
Dwayne is one of our resident docents, and an expert on vintage Kenner. Mark Huber is an expert on POTF coins. We will rummage behind the racks for vintage goodies from around the world including action figures, vehicles, and Micro Collection.
Saturday, TBD, 4pm – Trading Cards with Rich Smolen
Rich is owner of Rich’s Cards, and has been a trading card enthusiast for much of his life. We will break out uncut sheets and binders and take a look at old and new series’, sketch cards, international editions, rarities and more.
Here’s what you can expect to experience on each tour:
- Each tour is limited to a maximum of 20 attendees. Adults only, 21 years and older.
- Start with a glass of wine from Skywalker Vineyards, local brew, or sparkling water.
- Proceed with a museum tour led by Steve Sansweet! Steve will share stories about his collection and his history as a journalist, a collector, Head of Fan Relations at Lucasfilm and President of Rancho Obi-Wan.
- Enjoy a special presentation on the theme which is not normally covered on regular tours.
- Relax with a beverage while playing video games or having a casual discussion with the presenters.
- Be entertained by video clips culled from the depths of the collection.
- Sit down to dinner featuring Annie’s TexaCali BBQ straight from our R2-BQ smoker. Texas brisket, pulled pork, vegetarian sides and salads, decadent dessert and coffee.
- Take home a special souvenir.
- Receive a tax-deductible donation receipt for $250.00 (half of your ticket price is a donation which supports the continued operation of the museum). Many thanks!