Join us for these special “deep dive” tours during which you will see items from the collection not normally shown, talk with experts in the theme, tour the museum with Steve Sansweet and our docent team, taste wine from Skywalker Vineyards and beer from Petaluma’s Hen House Brewery, and dine on genuine Texas barbecue straight from our R2-BQ smokers.
Saturday, September 28th, 4pm – Posters with Pete Vilmur
Pete is co-author of The Star Wars Poster Book and has spent years meticulously researching the history of vintage posters. We will take a look at some of the more interesting, rare, beautiful, silly and bizarre posters from the depths of the flat files.
Saturday, October 12th, 4pm – LEGO® with Marc Morita and Caleb Raff
Marc is one of our resident docents, and an expert on all things LEGO. Caleb owns the Brick Hutt in Rohnert Park. We will talk about the history and impact of LEGO on Star Wars collecting, view some MOCs (my own creations), and the rarer items from the vault.
Saturday, November 2nd, 4pm – Vintage Kenner with Dwayne Smith and Marc Huber
Dwayne is one of our resident docents, and an expert on vintage Kenner. Marc Huber is an expert on POTF coins. We will rummage behind the racks for vintage goodies from around the world including action figures, vehicles, and Micro Collection.
Saturday, November 9th, 4pm – Comic Books with Brian Christensen
Brian is owner of Brian’s Comics in Petaluma and was a nominee for the 2019 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award. We will pull a load of significant comics from the secret stash for discussion.
Here’s what you can expect to experience on each tour:
- Each tour is limited to a maximum of 20 attendees. Adults only, 21 years and older.
- Start with a glass of wine from Skywalker Vineyards, local brew, or sparkling water.
- Proceed with a museum tour led by Steve Sansweet! Steve will share stories about his collection and his history as a journalist, a collector, Head of Fan Relations at Lucasfilm and President of Rancho Obi-Wan.
- Enjoy a special presentation on the theme which is not normally covered on regular tours.
- Relax with a beverage while playing video games or having a casual discussion with the presenters.
- Be entertained by video clips culled from the depths of the collection.
- Sit down to dinner featuring Annie’s TexaCali BBQ straight from our R2-BQ smoker. Texas brisket, pulled pork, vegetarian sides and salads, decadent dessert and coffee.
- Take home a special patch! Limited to 100 pieces only.
- Receive a tax-deductible donation receipt for $150.00 (half of your ticket price is a donation which supports the continued operation of the museum). Many thanks!