Last year’s build-up to The Force Awakens took us many places. We saw lots of old friends and met many new ones. Today we’d like to tell you all about what’s up this year–our fifth anniversary!
Thanks to your contributions and support, at the end of 2015 we added a large off-site working space to the museum. We have hundreds of boxes to open and sort. We will be sharing the treasures we find on social media, in the museum and in future books and exhibits.
We have also welcomed several part-time staff members. Our new head docent, bookkeeper and office assistant are enabling ROW to grow and find additional ways to inspire.
We have two collection installations that you can currently view:
- “Eye of the Collector” at The Perot Museum in Dallas can be seen through Labor Day. Enjoy a sampling of the items found here at ROW as well as many other diverse collections like PEZ, Dallas Cowboys and fossils.
- Copperfield’s in Petaluma has a small selection of unusual Star Wars books from ROW displayed in one window.
Our free school-tour program has tripled now that we have docents who are expanding our ability to serve the increasing number of young people embracing Star Wars fandom. We have recently inspired groups from local middle and high schools, universities, homeschoolers and continuing education programs.
Already this year, we have donated thousands of dollars in tours to other charities to help them raise money for schools, gardens, libraries, music, community radio, medicine, the homeless and those with disabilities.
Inspiration for Every Generation
INSPIRATION FOR EVERY GENERATION
DONATE NOW AT DONATE.RANCHOOBIWAN.ORG
You can join with Rancho Obi-Wan to fulfill its mission to inspire creativity for generations to come! Even a small donation helps fund:
- the operation of the museum
- the protection and documentation of the collection
- free educational tours for schools
- donated tours to other charities for their fundraisers
- traveling exhibits of specially curated objects
- and the future preservation of irreplaceable items from Star Wars history.
Every donation of $45 or more receives a one-year membership to Rancho Obi-Wan and a special thank you gift. This year’s membership patch features art by Daniel Bergren.
New matching program! Many corporations will match your contribution to Rancho Obi-Wan since we are an IRS-accepted nonprofit institution. On the donation page check the box next to “Would you like your employer to match?” Do you want to challenge others by matching donations yourself? Email Anne for more information.
FRIDAY, APRIL 29TH, 6-10PM PST
LIVE PODCAST FUNDRAISER @ WWW.RANCHOOBIWAN.ORG
Listen to a live podcast fundraiser to benefit Rancho Obi-Wan hosted by Jimmy “Mac” McInerney of Rebel Force Radio and Steve Sansweet. Special guests from the Star Wars world and beyond will be coming to you direct from Rancho Obi-Wan in Petaluma, CA. You won’t want to miss the fun!
Contribute at donate.ranchoobiwan.org starting today!
Submit questions for Jimmy Mac, Steve or anyone at ROW by April 27 10pm PST
“STAR WARS DAY: THE PREQUEL”
FUNDRAISER @ LAGUNITAS TAPROOM
Limited number of tickets available at the door.
- Members can purchase 5 Year anniversary shirts & coins on the member store.
- Shop smile.amazon.com and choose Rancho Obi-Wan as your charity.
- Purchase an item from our eBay store.
- Donate a portion of your eBay sales to Rancho Obi-Wan.
- Share us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
YOUR PARTNERSHIP IN INSPIRING THROUGH THE FORCE!